Diversity and Inclusion Plan
Mind Meets Music defines diversity as a collection of individual attributes helping the organization to pursue and obtain its objectives efficiently and effectively. These include, but are not limited to, characteristics such as national origin, language, race, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and family structures. It is the policy of Mind Meets Music to strictly prohibit any type of applicant or employee discrimination based on any of these characteristics. Mind Meets Music defines inclusion as a culture connecting each employee to the organization and each other; encouraging collaboration, flexibility, and fairness; as well as leverage diversity throughout the organization so all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential. To ensure the success of Mind Meets Music’s diversity and inclusion efforts, the following vision, mission, and organizational values serve as a guide to further emphasize workforce diversity, workplace inclusiveness, and accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion Vision
Mind Meets Music values all employees by embracing their diverse talents, perspectives, experiences, and fostering inclusion inspiring innovation, encouraging respect, and promoting the highest possible level of personal and organizational success.
Diversity and Inclusion Mission
To attract and sustain a diverse workforce by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining high performing employees who work collaboratively to carry out the mission of Mind Meets Music.
Mind Meets Music Values
Our diversity and inclusion efforts support the following Mind Meets Music values:
1. We are a diverse staff unified by our strong commitment of building academic success for today’s children; shaping the minds of tomorrow’s leaders.
2. We strive to always do our personal best to ensure Mind Meets Music provides the highest possible quality program to our students.
We believe in:
• An open, inclusive work environment — built upon respect, communications, integrity, and collaborative teamwork
• Encouraging creativity and investing in innovation — to build our future
• Pursuit of excellence through continuous learning — becoming smarter all the time about what we know and what we do in service to others.